MONO POWER AMPLIFIER
© PRINTED IN MEXICO B64-1170-00 (EM)
Take the following precautions to
prevent fire and avoid personal
· When extending the battery cable, or
ground cable, use 5mm2 (AWG10) or
larger automotive grade cable to avoid
cable deterioration or damage to the
· Check that no metal objects (coins, tools,
etc.) are left inside the unit to avoid short
· If you smell or see smoke, turn the
power off immediately and consult your
· Do not touch the unit during use because
the surface of the unit becomes hot and
may cause burns if touched.
Take the following precautions to
keep the unit in proper working
· Be sure the unit is connected to a 12V
DC power supply with a negative ground
· Do not open the top or bottom cover.
· Do not install the unit in places it is
exposed to direct sunlight, high heat or
humidity, water may splash over it, or
If you have difficulty in installing this unit
in your vehicle, contact your Kenwood
Cleaning the unit
If the surface is dirty, wipe it clean with a
silicon cloth or soft dry cloth with the
Do not use hard cloths or paint thinner,
alcohol, or other volatile solvents. These
may damage external surfaces or remove
(Yellow) (6 m)
Ground cable (Black)
× 16 mm)
· Since the power amplifier has no parts which require operation, it can be installed at a position
away from the driver's seat without any hindrances.
As generally accepted positions for its installation, places such as inside the trunk, etc. can be
· Use the extension cables. (Optional)
· Do not install the unit under the carpet. Otherwise heat build-up occurs and the unit may be
· Install this unit in a location which allows heat to easily dissipate.
Once installed, do not place any object on top of the unit.
· Install the unit securely in a location that does not interfere with driving.
Installation board, etc.
(thickness : 15 mm or more)
× 16 mm)
RCA cable (ø7mm)
RCA cable (ø12mm)
1. Remove the ignition key and disconnect the negative - terminal of the battery to prevent
2. Set the unit according to the intended usage.
3. Connect the input and output cables of the units.
4. Connect the center unit and this unit according to the required application.
5. Connect the speaker cables and sigma servo feed back cables.
6. Connect the power cable, power control cable and grounding cable following this order.
7. Install the unit in the car.
8. Connect the negative - terminal of the battery.
9. Turn power ON and ensure that sound is output normally.
· If sound is not output normally, immediately turn power off and check connections. Be sure to
perform the sigma servo connection correctly.
· Be sure to make correct connections of the sigma servo terminals.
· Be sure to turn the power off before changing the setting of any switch.
· If the fuse blows, check cables for shorts, then replace the fuse with one of the same rating.
· Check that no unconnected cables or connectors are touching the car body. Do not remove
caps from unconnected cables or connectors to prevent short circuits.
· Connect the speaker cables to appropriate speaker connectors separately. Sharing the
negative cable of the speaker or grounding speaker cables to the metal body of the car can
cause this unit to fail.
· After installation, check that the brake lamps, winkers, and wipers work properly.
Operations of the following control and switches are required in accordance with
the center unit and speakers connected with this unit.
1 2 3
SPEAKER LEVEL INPUT
8 9 0 !
1 FUSE (20 A
2 Battery terminal
3 Ground terminal
4 Power control (REMOTE) terminal
5 Speaker output terminals
As this unit accepts speakers with a minimum impedance of 2 ohms, connect speakers with
2-ohm or higher impedance to these terminals.
The rated input of the speakers should be no less than the maximum output of the amplifier.
Otherwise malfunction may result.
6 SIGMA SERVO FEED BACK terminals (See p.8)
Be sure to make proper connections to the SIGMA SERVO FEED BACK terminals. Incorrect
connection may result in lack of sound output or other malfunctions.
7 INFRASONIC FILTER switch
Ultralow frequencies that cannot be reproduced even by a subwoofer speaker do not become
sound but become unnecessary oscillations, which affect the sound by causing distortion,
etc. Setting this switch to "15 Hz" or "25 Hz" cuts the frequencies below the respective
This improves the reproduction performance of the speakers by eliminating unnecessary
oscillations which will not become sound.
8 LOW PASS FILTER FREQUENCY control
This control adjusts the frequency band output from this unit.
9 INPUT SENSITIVITY control
Set this control according to the pre-output level of the center unit
connected with this unit, or to the maximum power output of the
genuine-accessory car stereo.
Use the diagram on the right as a guide.
For the pre-output level or the maximum power output, refer to the
"Specifications" in the instruction manual of the center unit.
0 RCA cable ground lead terminal
! LINE IN terminal
@ Speaker level input terminals
s Power indicator:
When the power is turned on, the Power indicator lights.
If the Power indicator does not light when the power is turned on, the
protection function may be activated. Check whether there is any
indication of trouble.
s The protection function is activated in the following
This unit is equipped with a protection function for protecting this unit
and your speakers from various accidents or problems that can occur.
When the protection function is triggered, the Power indicator goes off
and the amplifier stops operating.
· A speaker cable may be short-circuited.
· A speaker output may be in contact with the ground.
· The temperature of the internal parts may be higher than 120°C (248°F).
· The sigma servo connection may be erroneous.
· The fuse of this unit may be blown.
· The unit may be malfunctioning and sending DC signal to the speaker output.
· The grounding cable of this unit may not be connected with a metallic part which is
electrically connected with the negative terminal of the battery.
· The power control cable may not be connected to this unit.
· The grounding cable of the center unit (cassette receiver, CD receiver, etc.) may not be
connected with a metallic part which is electrically connected with the negative terminal of