PC Link Kit
Compatible Operating Systems:
English Windows 98, English Windows 98SE, English Windows 2000 and
English Windows Me
* Not compatible with Macintosh PCs.
PIONEER SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
Product name: [PC Link Kit CD-PC1]
TERMS OF AGREEMENT
Article 1 (Definition)
[The software] refers to the computer software developed by the Company and the said soft-
ware is recorded in the CD-ROM disk packed in the product.
Article 2 (Range of application)
This agreement is exclusively applicable to the software.
Article 3 (License for use)
The Company grants you a non-exclusive and non-transferable license to use the software on
one unit of computer terminal in accordance with the terms of this agreement.
Article 4 (Warranty)
1. In the event that the software fails to function according to the instruction manual, etc., within
30 days from the date of delivery even when properly installed and used, the Company will
repair such defective software or replace it with another software free from defects and take
appropriate measures based on the judgment of the Company.
2. Above-mentioned measures will constitute the entire warranty to you by the Company pertain-
ing to the software, and the Company will not be held responsible for any and all warranty
including legal liability for the warranty of latent defects. Furthermore, the Company will not
guarantee any merchantability of the software nor its fitness for a particular purpose.
3. Notwithstanding the provision set forth in Item 1 above, the Company will not be held responsible,
if the use by installing other application software results in the defect of the software.
Article 5 (Legal liability for compensation)
1. Under any circumstances, the legal liability of the Company for compensating any damages
caused by the use of the software will not exceed the gross amount of the consideration the
Company received relating to such software.
2. The Company will not take any responsibility for indirect damages, consequential losses or spe-
cial damages, regardless of whether or not the Company was able to predict such losses and
damages in advance. The indirect damages, special damages, etc., will include the losses of
your data and the profits you are supposed to gain (lost profits).
Article 6 (Restrictions)
1. You agree to recognize that the software is the protected documentation, etc., based on the
Copyright Law, Industrial Property Right Law, etc., and you must not engage in any act that
may infringe upon the said rights.
2. You are not authorized to reverse engineer or decompile the software.
3. You are not allowed to sell, distribute, loan, or transfer the whole or any part of the software to
any third party.
Thank you for purchasing the product of Pioneer Corporation (hereinafter referred to as [the
Company]). Before you use the software, please read this agreement very carefully, and be
informed that you will be bound by all the terms and conditions of this agreement once you
install the software.
Article 7 (Compensation for damages/cancellation)
1. In the event that you violate any term of this agreement or engage in any wrongful or illegal act,
the Company will advise you to rectify such violation or act in writing, giving a considerable
period of time for rectification. If such violation or act cannot be rectified within a specified peri-
od, however, the Company may cancel this agreement and make a claim to you for the com-
pensation of resultant damages.
2. In the event that this agreement is cancelled, you will agree to stop the use of the software
immediately and return to the Company the whole CD-ROM that contains the software. At the
same time, you agree to delete the entire software and turn it into non-reproductive condition
following instructions by the Company.
You are invited to contact the Company to inquire about unclear points of the software and this
Copyright (c) 1991 1998 LEAD Technologies, Inc.
Copyright (c) 2000 Bunka Orient Corp.
Checking the Operational Environment
This product requires a PC/AT compatible (DOS/V) machine with CPU equivalent to a Pentium
processor 166 MHz or higher (200 MHz or higher recommended) operating on one of the following
· OS: English Windows 98, English Windows 98SE, English Windows 2000, or English Windows Me
· Memory: 64 MB or more (96 MB or more recommended)
· Hard disk space: 40 MB or more of free space
· Disk drive: CD-ROM drive (for installing software)
· Connection: Serial port capable of connecting RS-232C D-Sub 9-pin connector
· Display: Resolution of 800
× 600 pixels (1024 × 768 pixels or higher recommended); 16-bit color
depth (65,536 colors) or higher
· IE 4.01 or later is required to be installed (already installed if using Windows 98 or later).
About User Registration
User registration of this product is available only through online registration.
User Registration Homepage URL
Please access the following URL for user registration. After filling in the required fields, send the
registration form to complete the registration process.
· The recommended values do not guarantee the operation of this product for all PCs.
TO PREVENT FIRE OR SHOCK HAZARD,
DO NOT EXPOSE THIS APPLIANCE TO
RAIN OR MOISTURE.
[For European model]
[For U.S. model]
The serial number for this equipment is locat-
ed on the rear panel. Please write this serial
number on your enclosed warranty card and
keep it in a secure area. This is for your secu-
[For Canadian model]
TO PREVENT ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT
USE THIS (POLARIZED) PLUG WITH AN
EXTENSION CORD, RECEPTACLE OR
OTHER OUTLET UNLESS THE BLADES
CAN BE FULLY INSERTED TO PREVENT
This Class B digital apparatus complies
with Canadian ICES-003.
· This equipment has been tested and found
to comply with the limits for a Class B digital
device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC
Rules. These limits are designed to provide
reasonable protection against harmful inter-
ference in a residential installation. This
equipment generates, uses, and can radiate
radio frequency energy and, if not installed
and used in accordance with the instruc-
tions, may cause harmful interference to
radio communications. However, there is no
guarantee that interference will not occur in
a particular installation. If this equipment
does cause harmful interference to radio or
television reception, which can be deter-
mined by turning the equipment off and on,
the user is encouraged to try to correct the
interference by one or more of the following
Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
Increase the separation between the
equipment and receiver.
Connect the equipment into an outlet on a
circuit different from that to which the
receiver is connected.
Consult the dealer or an experienced
radio/TV technician for help.
Information to User
Alteration or modifications carried out with-
out appropriate authorization may invali-
date the user's right to operate the equip-
This product satisfies FCC regulations
when shielded cables and connectors are
used to connect the unit to other equip-
ment. To prevent electromagnetic interfer-
ence with electric appliances such as
radios and televisions, use shielded cables
and connectors for connections.
This product complies with the Low Voltage
Directive (73/23/EEC, amended by
93/68/EEC), EMC Directive (89/336/EEC,
amended by 92/31/EEC and 93/68/EEC).
To ensure your personal safety and to maxi-
mize the full operating potential of your prod-
uct, read and follow these safety precautions:
· Please do not use this product at places with
much dust, high temperature, or high humidity.
Please use this product at a place where it is
not subjected to vibrations or shocks.
· Do not cover the unit with blanket, etc. Heat
may build up, causing fire as a result.
· Before connecting this product on the system,
be sure to turn off power on the system and
remove the power cord from the AC outlet.
· Read all safety and operating instructions
before you use this product.
· Retain the safety and operating instructions for
· Follow all operating and use instructions.
· All warnings must be adhered to.
· DO NOT use liquid, aerosol cleaners, or alco-
hol. Use only a damp cloth to clean the exterior
· Do not use attachments not recommended by
this product manufacturer as they may cause
WATER AND MOISTURE:
· DO NOT use this product near water.
· Operate this product from the type of power
source indicated on the marking label. If you are
not sure of the type of power available, consult
Authorized Pioneer Dealer.
· If there is any dust metallic substances on the
power plug or its surrounding, disconnect and
clean with a dry cloth. Otherwise, fire and/or
electrical shock may occur as a result.
· The power cord of the appliance should be
unplugged from the outlet when left unused for
a long period of time.
GROUNDING OR POLARIZATION:
· If this product is equipped with a polarized alter-
nating current line plug (a plug having one
blade wider than the other), it will fit into the out-
let only one way. This is a safety feature. If you
are unable to insert the plug fully into the outlet,
try reversing the plug. If the plug should still fail
to fit, contact your electrician to replace your
obsolete outlet. Do not defeat the safety pur-
pose of the polarized plug.
· If this product is equipped with a three-wire
grounding type plug, a plug having a third
(grounding) pin, it will only fit into a grounding
type power outlet. This is a safety feature. If you
are unable to insert the plug into the outlet, con-
tact your electrician to replace your obsolete
outlet. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the
grounding type plug.