HD/SD SDI INPUT CARD
INPUT CARD FOR A JVC MONITOR
MANUEL D'INSTRUCTIONS: CARTE D'ENTRÉE HD/SD SDI
MANUALE DI ISTRUZIONI:
SCHEDA DI INGRESSO HD/SD SDI
TARJETA DE ENTRADA HD/SD SDI
TARJETA DE ENTRADA PARA UN MONITOR JVC
SCHEDA DI INGRESSO PER MONITOR JVC
CARTE D'ENTRÉE POUR MONITEURS JVC
EINGANGSKARTE FÜR JVC MONITORE
03.11.28, 9:17 AM
03.11.28, 9:49 AM
FCC NOTICE (U.S.A. only)
CAUTION: Changes or modifications not approved by JVC could void the user's authority to
operate the equipment.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class A digital
device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable
protection against harmful interference when the equipment is operated in a commercial
environment. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not
installed and used in accordance with the instruction manual, may cause harmful interference to
radio communications. Operation of this equipment in a residential area is likely to cause harmful
interference in which case the user will be required to correct the interference at his own expense.
EMC Supplement (Europe only)
This equipment is in conformity with the provisions and protection requirements of the
corresponding European Directives. This equipment is designed for professional video appliances
and can be used in the following environments:
· Controlled EMC environment (for example purpose built broadcasting or recording studio), and
the rural outdoors environment (far away from railways, transmitters, overhead power lines, etc.)
IF-C61HSDG is only for use with JVC DT-V monitor series.
Note, however, that this Input Card is not compatible with the following monitors:
DT-V1700CU, DT-V1700CG, and DT-V1900CG
· Both HD SDI and D1 SDI signals can be input through one terminal--Serial Digital Input Card.
The signal type (HD SDI or D1 SDI) coming through the terminal is automatically detected.
· Two input lines enables highly general use.
Input lines can be switched by external control--make contact control, trigger pulse control, and RS-
· AUDIO LEVEL METER enables checking the audio level of the EMBEDDED AUDIO signal input.
· Up to 8-channel AES/EBU signals can be output by decombining EMBEDDED AUDIO signals.
· Two channels of audio monitor output enables EMBEDDED AUDIO signal to be output as analogue
Output channels can be switched by using the monitor or an RS-485 control.
· One-slot compact card with various functions.
Thank you for purchasing this JVC Input Card. In order to take full advantage of the
card's capabilities, please read and follow all instructions carefully before installing
and using the card. Retain this booklet for future reference.
Before installing this Input Card in your monitor, please read the Safety
Precautions included in your monitor's user manual.
· Wear gloves to protect your hands from metal parts on the Input Card's board.
· You will need a 6 mm Phillips screwdriver.
· Turn off the Monitor's main power and unplug the power cable from the AC outlet.
· Do not touch the terminals or board pattern of the Input Card to keep them from being damaged by
· Do not force the Input Card into the monitor's slot.
· Keep slot covers attached on the monitor's slots if they are not in use.
7 INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
1. Unscrew the screws and remove
the slot cover from the slot (on the
rear side of the Multi-format
Monitor) in which the card is to be
2. Insert the Input Card into the slot,
fitting the board into the guide rails
at the top and bottom of the slot.
3. Push the Input Card in so that its
front panel touches the rear panel
of the Multi-format Monitor. (Hold
the tabs at top and bottom while
inserting the Input Card).
4. Secure the Input Card by using the
screws removed in Step 1 above.
Make sure the Input Card is correctly
recognized by "SLOT CONDITION" on the
Main Menu of the Multi-format Monitor.
When the Input Card is installed to SLOT 1,
the conditions of INPUT A and INPUT B
become as follows:
Rear side of the Multi-
Fit board to
CONTROLS AND FEATURES
1 SWITCHED OUT terminal (1 line)
Outputs the re-clocked signal. The input
signal currently selected is re-clocked and
output from this terminal.
· When the input signal from another Input Card
is selected for the monitor, the SWITCHED
OUT terminal outputs the re-clocked signal
whichever one you selected last from among
the inputs on this card.
· No signal is output when the monitor is turned
off or in stand-by mode.
2 HD SDI/D1 SDI, EMBEDDED AUDIO
signal input terminals (2 lines)
Accepts an SMPTE292M HD SDI signal
and an SMPTE259M D1 SDI signal.
Also accepts EMBEDDED AUDIO signals including up to 8 audio channels with the
sampling frequency of 48 kHz.
Select input by using INPUT SELECT button on the monitor.
Select IN 1 terminal: Press INPUT SELECT A (SLOT 1)/C (SLOT 2)/E (SLOT 3)
Select IN 2 terminal: Press INPUT SELECT B (SLOT 1)/D (SLOT 2)/F (SLOT 3)
The EMBEDDED AUDIO channel is controlled from the monitor. Refer to your Multi-
format Monitor instruction manual for more information.
· The type of signal coming through the IN 1 and IN 2 terminals are automatically recognized--HD
SDI or D1 SDI signal. Note, however, that input lines are not changed automatically.
3 AES/EBU audio output terminals (8 channels)
Outputs decombined AES/EBU audio signals.
· When the input signal from another Input Card is selected for the monitor, the input audio signal
selected last from among the inputs on this card and the audio channel selected at that time are
· No signal is output when the monitor is turned off or in stand-by mode.