MANUEL D' INSTRUCTIONS
MANUAL DE INSTRUCCIONES
1. Noise Canceling Function reduces ambient noise* in airplanes,
buses, trains, etc. as well as ventilation hum in rooms for enhanced
listening enjoyment even at low volume levels.
* Mainly reduces low-frequency noise; not designed to eliminate all noise.
2. Lightweight and comfortable is yours to enjoy as this ear clip
phones, with serious sound performance.
1. For your safety...
Never use the headphones when driving a car, motorcycle, or bicycle.
This could result in an accident.
Pay close attention to traffic around you when using the headphones
while walking. Not doing so could result in an accident.
Be careful not to turn the sound volume up too high when using the
headphones. Your hearing can be damaged by listening to sounds at
excessive volume for long periods.
Do not disassemble or modify the headphones.
Do not allow inflammables, water or metallic objects to enter the
2. Avoid using the headphones...
in places subject to excessive humidity or dust
in places subject to extremely high (over 40°C or 104°F) or low
°C or 32°F) temperatures
3. DO NOT leave the headphones...
in direct sunlight
near a heater
4. To protect the headphones, DO NOT...
allow them to get wet
drop them or shake them against hard objects.
Be careful not to add power that exceeds the headphones' input capacity.
This may result in distorted sound and could damage the oscillation board.
Grasp and pull the plug firmly to disconnect the headphone. Do not pull
on the cord.
When using the headphones nearby a cellular phone, noise may occur.
Keep the headphones away from the cellular phone.
The ear pads will wear out earlier than the other parts even in normal use or
in normal keeping due to the material characteristics.
For replacement of the ear pads, please consult with the dealer where you
purchased the headphones.
When covering the headphones with an object, the noise-canceling function
may not work well or howling noise may occur. In this case, take away the
object covering the headphones.
Thank you for purchasing this JVC product.
Before you begin operating this unit, please read the operating
instructions carefully to be sure you get the best possible performance.
If you have any questions, consult your JVC dealer.
Printed in China
© 2005 Victor Company of Japan, Limited
For Customer Use :
Enter below the Model No. and Serial No.
which is located on the back of battery cover.
Retain this information for future reference.
1. Slide open the battery cover.
2. Insert the provided battery,
Press in on
end first and down
3. Close the battery cover.
NOTES: Misuse of battery could result in leakage. This could cause a fire or explosion.
To prevent this, pay special attention to the following points:
· Be sure to insert the battery with correct positive
· Do not heat, disassemble or short-circuit battery and never dispose of battery by throwing them
in a fire.
· Read the caution displayed on the battery when in use.
NOTE: Stretching the ear hook on the headphone from its
original position may result in damage to the ear hook.
USING THE HEADPHONES
1. Put on the headphones.
2. Plug the headphones to the audio component.
· Keep the volume level of the headphones to a minimum.
· Select the appropriate plug adaptor that fits in the airplane headphone plug.
3. Slide the power switch to ON to activate the noise-canceling function.
The Operation indicator lights up.
· You can use the headphones even if the power switch is set to OFF.
· To use the headphones as the noise canceling system, turn on the power without plugging to the audio component.
Changing the Battery
The battery should be changed when the Operation indicator fades or does not turn on. The
Noise Canceling Function becomes less effective as the battery wears down so make sure to
replace the battery as necessary to maintain the proper performance of the headphones.
Push the Ear Hook slightly.
· Supplied battery is for your initial use.
Place the Ear Hook over
your ear and adjust the
Ear Hook position to fit
14 Hz -- 22,000 Hz
150 Hz -- 1,000 Hz
more than 10 dB at 500 Hz
99 dB/1 mW (when ON), 99 dB/1 mW (when OFF)
(when ON), 48 (when OFF)
AAA battery (DC 1.5 V) x 1
approx. 25 hours** (using Manganese AAA battery),
approx. 50 hours** (using Alkaline AAA battery)
*Depends on use.
**Without ambient noise.
1.5 m (4.9 ft)
(from mini plug to the left channel of headphone)
76 g (2.68 oz) (incl. cord and battery)
carrying pouch x 1, Manganese AAA battery (R03) x 1,
dual plug adapter (for in-flight use) x 1
Design and specifications subject to change without notice.