© 2004 Sony Corporation
To prevent fire or shock hazard, do not expose the unit to rain or moisture.
To avoid electrical shock, do not open the cabinet. Refer servicing to qualified personnel only.
The use of optical instruments with this product will increase eye hazard. As the laser beam used in this
CD/DVD player is harmful to eyes, do not attempt to disassemble the cabinet.
Refer servicing to qualified personnel only.
This CD/DVD player is CLASS 1 LASER PRODUCT.
This symbol is intended to alert the user to the presence of uninsulated
"dangerous voltage" within the product's enclosure that may be of suffi-
cient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock to persons.
This symbol is intended to alert the user to the presence of important
operating and maintenance (servicing) instructions in the literature
accompanying the appliance.
CAUTION: TO PREVENT ELECTRIC SHOCK, MATCH WIDE BLADE OF PLUG TO WIDE SLOT, FULLY INSERT.
ATTENTION: POUR ÉVITER LES CHOCS ÉLECTRIQUES, INTRODUIRE LA LAME LA PLUS LARGE DE LA FICHE
DANS LA BORNE CORRESPONDANTE DE LA PRISE ET POUSSER JUSQU'AU FOND.
Thank you for purchasing this CD/DVD Player. Before operating this player, please read this manual thorough-
ly and retain it for future reference.
This label is located on the bottom of the unit.
Important Safety Instructions
1. Read these instructions.
2. Keep these instructions.
3. Heed all warnings.
4. Follow all instructions.
5. Do not use this apparatus near water.
6. Clean only with dry cloth.
7. Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in
accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
8. Do not install near any heat sources such as
radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other appara-
tus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
9. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized
or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two
blades with one wider than the other. A grounding
type plug has two blades and a third grounding
prong. The wide blade or the third prong are pro-
vided for your safety. If the provided plug does
not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for
replacement of the obsolete outlet.
10. Protect the power cord from being walked on or
pinched particularly at plugs, convenience recep-
tacles, and the point where they exit from the
11. Only use attachments/accessories specified by
12. Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or
table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with
the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution
when moving the cart/apparatus combination to
avoid injury from tip-over.
13. Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or
when unused for long periods of time.
14. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel.
Servicing is required when the apparatus has
been damaged in any way, such as power-supply
cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled
or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the
apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture,
does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
The model and serial numbers are located on the bottom of the unit. Record the serial number in the space provided below.
Refer to them whenever you call upon your Sony dealer regarding this product.
Model No. DVP-FX701
You are cautioned that any change or modifications not expressly approved in this manual could void your authority to oper-
ate this equipment.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the
FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installa-
tion. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance
with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interfer-
ence will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television recep-
tion, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference
by one or more of the following measures:
Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
· The power requirements and power consumption of this
unit are indicated on the AC power adaptor. Check that
the unit's operating voltage is identical with your total
· Caution The use of optical instruments with this product
will increase eye hazard.
· To prevent fire or shock hazard, do not place objects filled
with liquids, such as vases, on the apparatus.
· Should any solid object or liquid fall into the cabinet,
unplug the player and have it checked by qualified per-
sonnel before operating it any further.
· Do not put any foreign objects in the DC IN 9.8V (external
power input) jack.
On temperature increases
· Heat may build up while charging or during extented use.
This is not a malfunction.
· If the surrounding temperature is very high, the protective
function will turn off the player automatically.
Leave the player in a cool location for about 30 minutes
before using it again.
· Use only the supplied AC power adaptor. Do not use any
other AC power adaptor. It may cause a malfunction.
· If the AC power adaptor causes interference to radio
reception, move it away from the radio.
· Do not touch the AC power adaptor with wet hands.
· The player is not disconnected from the AC power source
(mains) as long as it is connected to the wall outlet, even
if the player itself has been turned off.
· If you are not going to use the player for a long time, be
sure to disconnect the player from the wall outlet. To dis-
connect the AC power cord (mains lead), grasp the plug
itself; never pull the cord.
· Should the AC power cord need to be changed, have it
done at a qualified service shop only.
· Use a commercially available AC plug adaptor, if neces-
sary, depending on the design of the wall outlet.
Polarity of the plug
AC plug adaptor