Module No. 2182/2189/2289 2182/2189/2289-1
· Press B to change from mode to mode.
· If you do not perform any operation for a few minutes while a setting screen (with flashing digits) is on the display, the watch automatically exits the setting screen.
The operational procedures for Modules 2182, 2189 and 2289 are identical. All of the illustrations in this manual show Module 2189.
Day Counter Mode
Countdown Alarm Mode
[Modules 2182, 2189]
· When using 12-hour timekeeping, a P appears on the
display for "pm" times (noon to 11:59 pm). An "am" time
(midnight to 11:59 am) is indicated when there is no P
indicator on the display. 24-hour timekeeping is being
used when the 24 indicator is on the display.
· Pressing C in the Timekeeping Mode illuminates the
display for about two seconds. The backlight is disabled
while a setting screen is on the display.
· The backlight of this watch employs an electro-lumi-
nescent (EL) light, which loses its illuminating power
after very long term use.
· Frequent use of the backlight shortens the battery life.
· The watch emits an audible sound whenever the dis-
play is illuminated. This is because the EL light vibrates
slightly when lit. It does not indicate malfunction of the
Setting the Time and Date
There are two different ways to set the time. The procedure you should use depends
on whether you want to make major changes or minor changes to the current setting.
Day of week
To make major time and date settings
1. While in the Timekeeping Mode, hold down A until the seconds digits flash on the
display. This indicates the setting screen.
2. Press B to move the flashing in the sequence shown below.
3. While the seconds setting is selected (flashing), press C to reset it to 00.
· If you press C while the seconds setting is in the range of 30 to 59, the seconds
are reset to 00 and 1 is added to the minutes. If the seconds setting is in the range
of 00 to 29, the minutes count is unchanged.
· While the 12/24 setting is selected, press C to toggle it between 12-hour and 24-
4. While any other digits are selected (flashing), press C to increase the selected
digits. Holding down C changes them at high speed.
5. After you make the settings you want, press A to exit the setting screen.
· The day of the week is automatically set in accordance with the date.
· The date can be set within the range of January 1, 2000 to December 31, 2039.
· When setting the year, you need to specify only the rightmost two digits. To specify
the year 2001, for example, set 01.
· The watch's built-in full automatic calendar automatically makes allowances for dif-
ferent month lengths and leap years. Once you set the date, there should be no
reason to change it except after the replacement of the watch's battery.
To zero-reset the minutes and seconds (EASY ADJUST)
Press D when the time on which you want to zero-reset the minutes and seconds
· The watch beeps to let you know that the minutes and seconds were reset to 00 00.
· If you press D while the minutes count is in the range of 30 to 59, they are reset to
00 and 1 is added to the hour. If the minutes count is in the range of 00 to 29, the
hour count is unchanged.
· The watch's EASY ADJUST feature is disabled while the daily alarm or countdown
alarm is sounding. Pressing the D button while an alarm is sounding stops the
alarm without zero-resetting the minutes and seconds.
COUNTDOWN ALARM MODE
The countdown timer can be set within a range of 1 minute
to 24 hours. When the countdown reaches zero, an alarm
sounds for 10 seconds or until you press any button.
To set the countdown time
Note that you cannot change the countdown time setting
while a countdown is being performed. First press A to
stop the countdown and then press C to return the count-
down time to its starting value.
1. Hold down A while in the Countdown Alarm Mode un-
til the hours digit flashes on the display. The hours digit
flashes because it is
2. Press B to change the selection in the following se-
3. Press C to increase the selected number. Holding down C changes the number
at high speed.
· To set the starting value of the countdown time to 24 hours, set "0:00".
4. After you set the countdown time, press A to exit the setting screen.
To use the countdown timer
1. Press A while in the Countdown Alarm Mode to start
the countdown time.
· To stop a countdown operation, press A. Pressing A
again resumes the countdown.
· To restart the countdown, stop it and then press C to
reset to the starting value.
2. When the end of the countdown is reached, the alarm
sounds for 10 seconds or until you stop the alarm by
pressing any button. Countdown timing stops, and the
countdown time is automatically reset to its starting
value after the alarm stops.
DAY COUNTER MODE
There are five day counters, each identified by a counter number.
The initial default date for all Day Counters is 2001/1/1.
When setting the year, you need to specify only the rightmost two digits. To specify
the year 1970, for example, set 70. To specify the year 2015, set 15.
You can set the year, month, and day for a day counter, or a month and day only.
Setting a Year, Month, and Day
Setting a year, month, and day displays the number of days from the preset date to
the Timekeeping Mode date. There is no indication of whether the preset date is
before or after the Timekeeping Mode date.
· You can use this type of setting to keep track of the number of days since you were
born or the number of days you have been married, or to count down the number of
days until graduation, etc.
Setting a Month and Day Only
With this type of setting, you specify " " for the year.
The " " setting is located between the years 39 (2039)
and 40 (1940).
Setting a month and a day without a year displays the
number of days left until that month and day.
· You can use this type of setting to count down the num-
ber of days until your next birthday, etc.
Recalling Day Counter Data
In the Day Counter Mode, press C to scroll through the
To set the target date
1. In the Day Counter Mode, press C to display the num-
ber of the counter you want to set.
2. Hold down A until the year digits start to flash on the
display. This indicates the input screen.
3. Press B to move the flashing in the sequence shown below.
4. Press C to increase the selected digits. Holding down C changes the digits at
· Holding down B sets today as the target date. You can then make any changes in
the date you want.
5. After you make the settings you want, press A to exit the input screen.
· The date can be set within the range of January 1, 1940 to December 31, 2039.
Day counter's number
Number of days
When you want to do this:
Make major changes to the time and
date setting (before using the watch
for the first time, after having the bat-
tery replaced, etc.)
Make minor adjustments (within about
30 minutes of the current setting) to
the time setting
Use this procedure:
"To make major time and date settings"
"To zero-reset the minutes and seconds
You can set three independent alarms. Use the Alarm
Mode to turn the alarm and the Hourly Time Signal on
· When an alarm is turned on, an alarm tone sounds for
20 seconds when the preset time reached.
· When the Hourly Time Signal is turned on, the watch
beeps every hour on the hour.
To set the alarm time
1. Press C while in the Alarm Mode to select Alarm 1
through Alarm 3.
Hourly Time Signal
2. After you select an alarm, hold down A until the hour digits start to flash on the
display. The hour digits flash because they are selected. At this time the Alarm is
automatically switched on.
3. Press B to change the selection in the following sequence.
4. Press C to increase the selected digits. Holding down C changes them at high
· The format (12-hour and 24-hour) of the alarm time matches the format you select
for normal timekeeping.
· When setting the alarm time using the 12-hour format, take care to set the time
correctly as morning or afternoon.
5. After you set the alarm time, press A to return to the Alarm Mode.
To stop the alarm
Press any button to stop the alarm after it starts to sound.
To switch an alarm and Hourly Time Signal on and off
1. In the Alarm Mode, press C to select an alarm or the Hourly Time Signal.
2. When the alarm or Hourly Time Signal you want is selected, press D to switch it
on and off.
· If any alarm is on, the Alarm On indicator is shown on the display when you change
to another mode.
Alarm on indicator
Hourly time signal on indicator
To test the alarm
Hold down B in any mode (except when a setting screen is on the display) to sound
the alarm. Note that this operation also changes the mode.
Hourly time signal on