TC-SP55 is the deck section in CMT-SP55TC,
and TC-SP55 is sold in the option as a tape
deck of CMT-SP55MD.
STEREO CASSETTE DECK
Model Name Using Similar Mechanism
Tape Transport Mechanism Type
4-track 2-channel stereo
(DOLBY NR OFF)
40 14,000 Hz (±3 dB)
using Sony TYPE I cassettes
40 15,000 Hz (±3 dB),
using Sony TYPE II cassettes
Dimensions (w/h/d) incl. projecting parts and controls
Approx. 202 x 101 x 283 mm
Approx. 1.9 kg
System cable (1)
Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Ver 1.1 2001.03
Audio Entertainment Group
General Engineering Dept.
-- BACK PANEL --
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. SERVICING NOTE ·························································· 3
2. GENERAL ·········································································· 5
Case ···················································································· 6
Front Panel Assy ································································· 6
Mechanism Assy ································································· 7
Main Board ········································································· 7
Pinch Roller BLK Assy, Belt ·············································· 8
4. TEST MODE ······································································ 9
5. MECHANICAL ADJUSTMENTS ····························· 11
6. ELECTRICAL ADJUSTMENTS ······························· 11
Block Diagram ································································· 15
Schematic Diagram Main Section ······························ 16
Printed Wiring Board Main Section ··························· 17
Schematic Diagram Panel Section ····························· 18
Printed Wiring Board Panel Section ··························· 18
IC Pin Functions ······························································· 19
IC Block Diagrams ··························································· 20
8. EXPLODED VIEW
Case and Front Panel ························································ 21
9. ELECTRICAL PARTS LIST ······································· 22
: North European model
: Malaysia model
: Singapore model
: Korean model
AEP, UK, AED models
MY, SP models
SAFETY-RELATED COMPONENT WARNING!!
COMPONENTS IDENTIFIED BY MARK 0 OR DOTTED
LINE WITH MARK 0 ON THE SCHEMATIC DIAGRAMS
AND IN THE PARTS LIST ARE CRITICAL TO SAFE
OPERATION. REPLACE THESE COMPONENTS WITH
SONY PARTS WHOSE PART NUMBERS APPEAR AS
SHOWN IN THIS MANUAL OR IN SUPPLEMENTS
PUBLISHED BY SONY.
Ver 1.1 2001.03
This unit cannot be repaired by itself.
When repairing, connect the whole system except for the speaker.
MC Test Mode
1. When the power ON, press the ?/1 button (TA) while pressing TUNING MODE button (ST) and REPEAT button (CDP) together.
2. Frame of the MD mark and the CD mark flash, and "BASS/TRE FLAT" appears for a moment.
3. When the VOLUME knob (TA) is turned clockwise, "VOLUME MAX" appears for a moment.
4. When the VOLUME knob (TA) is turned counterclockwise, "VOLUME MIN" appears for a moment.
5. Select the function "TAPE" using the FUNCTION knob (TA).
Set the test tape AMS-110A or AMS-120.
6. Press DIRECTION button (TC) to enter either "j" (loop) or "h" (two way).
7. Press the CD SYNC REC button (TC) to start the AMS test.
8. Number of AMS signals is counted during the AMS test and the message "EDG#" (# means a number) appears. When the test tape
either AMS-110A or AMS-120 is used, the AMS signal is detected twice before shut off.
9. When the AMS test ends, either "OK" or "NG" appears.
10.To exit the MC test mode, either press the ?/1 button (TA) or perform the cold reset as described above.
(FWD) FF AMS
(FWD) REW AMS
· When the AC cord is removed, COLD RESET is done with TC-SP55.
ST Test Mode
1. When the power ON, press the ?/1 button (TA) while pressing the TUNING MODE button (ST) and PLAY MODE buttons (CDP)
2. LCD are all turned on.
3. Press TUNING MODE button (ST) to enter the model destination indecation mode. "SP55
CE2" or "SP55
4. Every pressing of TUNING MODE button (ST) changes the display in the following order.
t CD Version t ST Version t TC Version t TA Version t TM Version t model destination display.
5. Press DISPLAY button (ST) and the date appears as " 00615a "
Every pressing of DISPLAY button (ST) changes the display in the Version display and model destination display.
6. Press TUNER/BAND button (ST) to enter the key check mode.
7. In the key check mode, the fluorescent indicator tube displays "Key 0 Vol 0". Each time a button is pressed, "Key" value increases.
However, once a button is pressed, it is no longer taken into account.
"Vol" Value increases like "1, 2, 3 ..." if rotating VOLUME knob (TA) in the clockwise direction, or decreases like "0, 9, 8 ..." if rotating
in the counterclockwise diretion. (The TC-SP55 is not count.)
8. To exit from this mode, disconnect the power cord.
· Mode for repeating operations of the CD player and TC deck automatically.
When errors occur:
Aging stops and a message indicating that an error has occurred such as "CD MEC ERR" is displayed.
(For details of errors, refer to "Error History Display Mode".)
When no errors occur:
Aging is repeatedly performed.
1. Load any CD and a tape.
2. Select the function "CD" using the FUNCTION knob (TA).
3. While pressing the TUNING MODE button (ST) and H button (CDP), press the ?/1 button (TA).
4. "AGING" is displayed on the LCD briefly.
5. Operations are performed in the following sequence during aging.
Every pressing of DISPLAY button (ST) changes the display in the CD display and TAPE display.
Reading of TOC
Playback of first track (3sec.)
Playback of last track (3sec.)
CD tray open
CD tray close
6. To end aging, execute the cold reset.
Error History Display Mode
Mode for checking the history of errors which have occurred in the CD player.
Execute this mode after ending the aging mode.
1. Select the function "CD" using the FUNCTION knob (TA).
2. While pressing the TUNING MODE button (ST) and S button (CDP), press the ?/1 button (TA).
3. "[email protected]@EDC**" id displayed.
@@: Number of mechanism errors (Last 3 errors)
** : Number of errors (NO DISC ERROR) which occurred after chucking (Last 3 errors)
4. To end, press the ?/1 button (TA) and turn OFF the power.
5. To erase the error history, perform cold reset.
(While pressing the TUNING MODE button (ST) and M L button (CDP), press the ?/1 button.)
CD SYNC REC button
CD SYNC REC indicator
z REC button
z REC indicator
M L button
l m button
DOLBY NR button