Multi-CD control High power CD player
with FM/AM tuner
Before You Start
About this manual 4
Use and care of the remote control 5
· Installing the battery 5
· Using the remote control 5
Protecting your unit from theft 5
· Removing the front panel 6
· Attaching the front panel 6
What's What 7
· Head unit 7
· Remote control 8
Turning the unit on 9
Selecting a source 9
Turning the unit off 9
Listening to the radio 10
Introduction of advanced tuner
Storing and recalling broadcast
Tuning in strong signals 12
Storing the strongest broadcast
Built-in CD Player
Playing a CD 13
Introduction of advanced built-in CD
player operation 14
Repeating play 14
Playing tracks in a random order 14
Scanning tracks of a CD 15
Pausing CD playback 15
Using disc title functions 15
· Entering disc titles 15
· Displaying disc titles 16
Playing a CD 17
50-disc multi-CD player 17
Introduction of advanced multi-CD player
Repeating play 18
Playing tracks in a random order 19
Scanning CDs and tracks 19
Pausing CD playback 19
Using ITS playlists 20
· Creating a playlist with ITS program-
· Playback from your ITS playlist 20
· Erasing a track from your ITS
· Erasing a CD from your ITS playlist 21
Using disc title functions 21
· Entering disc titles 21
· Displaying disc titles 22
· Selecting discs from the disc
title list 23
Using CD TEXT functions 23
· Displaying titles on CD TEXT discs 23
· Scrolling titles in the display 23
Using compression and bass emphasis 24
Thank you for buying this Pioneer product.
Please read through these operating instructions so you will know how to oper-
ate your model properly. After you have finished reading the instructions, put them
away in a safe place for future reference.
Introduction of audio adjustments 25
Setting the sound focus equalizer 26
Using balance adjustment 26
Using the equalizer 27
· Recalling equalizer curves 27
· Adjusting equalizer curves 27
· Equalizer curve fine adjustment 28
Adjusting bass 28
Adjusting treble 29
Adjusting loudness 29
Using subwoofer output 29
· Adjusting subwoofer settings 30
Adjusting source levels 30
Adjusting initial settings 31
Setting the time 31
Setting the FM tuning step 32
Setting the AM tuning step 32
Switching the warning tone 32
Switching the auxiliary setting 32
Switching the dimmer setting 33
Switching the rear output setting 33
Setting the time display on or off 34
Using the AUX source 34
· Selecting AUX as the source 34
· Setting the AUX title 34
CD player and care 35
CD-R/CD-RW discs 35
Understanding built-in CD player error
Before You Start
About this manual
This unit features a number of sophisticated
functions ensuring superior reception and oper-
ation. All the functions have been designed for
the easiest possible use, but many are not self-
explanatory. This operation manual will help you
benefit fully from this product's potential and to
maximize your listening enjoyment.
We recommend that you familiarize yourself
with the functions and their operation by read-
ing through the manual before you begin using
this unit. It is especially important that you read
and observe precautions on this page and in
This manual explains head unit operation. You
can perform the same operations with the
· Keep this manual handy as a reference for
operating procedures and precautions.
· Always keep the volume low enough so you
can hear sounds outside of the car.
· Protect this product from moisture.
· If the battery is disconnected or discharged,
the preset memory will be erased and must be
· Should this product fail to operate properly,
contact your dealer or nearest authorized
Pioneer Service Station.
USE OF CONTROL OR
ADJUSTMENT OR PER-
FORMANCE OF PROCE-
DURES OTHER THAN
HEREIN MAY RESULT IN
THE USE OF OPTICAL
THIS PRODUCT WILL
INCREASE EYE HAZARD.
Before You Start
Use and care of the remote con-
Installing the battery
Remove the cover on the back of the remote
control and insert the battery with the plus (+)
and minus () poles pointing in the proper
Keep the battery out of the reach of children.
Should the battery be swallowed, immediately
consult a doctor.
· Use only one CR2025 (3V) lithium battery.
· Remove the battery if the remote control is not
to be used for a month or longer.
· Do not recharge, disassemble, heat or dis-
pose of the battery in fire.
· Do not handle the battery with metallic tools.
· Do not store the battery with metallic materi-
· In the event of battery leakage, wipe the
remote control completely clean and install a
· When disposing of used batteries, please
comply with governmental regulations or
environmental public institution's rules that
apply in your country/area.
Using the remote control
Point the remote control in the direction of the
front panel to operate.
· Do not store the remote control in high tem-
peratures or direct sunlight.
· The remote control may not function properly
in direct sunlight.
· Do not let the remote control fall onto the
floor, where it may become jammed under the
brake or accelerator pedals.
Protecting your unit from theft
The front panel can be detached from the head
unit and stored in the protective case provided
to discourage theft.
· If the front panel is not detached from the
head unit within five seconds of turning off the
ignition, a warning tone will sound.
· You can turn off the warning tone. See
Switching the warning tone on page 32.
· Never use force or grip the display and the
buttons tightly when removing or attaching.
· Avoid subjecting the front panel to excessive
· Keep the front panel out of direct sunlight and