PIONEER CORPORATION 4-1, Meguro 1-chome, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 153-8654, Japan
PIONEER ELECTRONICS (USA) INC. P.O. Box 1760, Long Beach, CA 90801-1760, U.S.A.
PIONEER EUROPE NV Haven 1087, Keetberglaan 1, 9120 Melsele, Belgium
PIONEER ELECTRONICS ASIACENTRE PTE. LTD. 253 Alexandra Road, #04-01, Singapore 159936
PIONEER CORPORATION 2004
DVD MULTIMEDIA AV NAVIGATION SERVER
DVD AV NAVIGATION HEAD-UNIT
This service manual should be used together with the following manual(s):
DVD Mech. Module:Circuit Description, Mech. Description, Disassembly
- Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. "Dolby" and the double-D symbol are
trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
- This product has the unit part number as below.
Unit Part No.
*) The unit part numbers listed above are not for the service components.
For details, refer to "Important symbols for good services".
K-ZZW. FEB. 2004 printed in Japan
This service manual is intended for qualified service technicians; it is not meant for the casual do-it-yourselfer.
Qualified technicians have the necessary test equipment and tools, and have been trained to properly and safely repair
complex products such as those covered by this manual.
Improperly performed repairs can adversely affect the safety and reliability of the product and may void the warranty.
If you are not qualified to perform the repair of this product properly and safely, you should not risk trying to do so
and refer the repair to a qualified service technician.
This product contains lead in solder and certain electrical parts contain chemicals which are known to the state of
California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Health & Safety Code Section 25249.6 - Proposition 65
1. Safety Precautions for those who Service this Unit.
· Follow the adjustment steps (see pages 192 through 255)in the service manual when servicing this unit. When check
ing or adjusting the emitting power of the laser diode exercise caution in order to get safe, reliable results.
1. During repair or tests, minimum distance of 13cm from the focus lens must be kept.
2. During repair or tests, do not view laser beam for 10 seconds or longer.
2. The triangular label is attached to the mechanism
This product contains mercury. Disposal of this material may be regulated due to environmental considerations.
For disposal or recycling information, please contact your local authorities or the Electronics Industries
On the top of the player.
VISIBLE AND INVISIBLE LASER RADIATION WHEN OPEN.
AVOID EXPOSURE TO BEAM.
SICHTBARE UND UNSICHTBARE LASERSTRAHLUNG, WENN
ABDECKUNG GEÖFFNET NICHT DEM STRAHL AUSSETZEN!
SYNLIG OG USYNLIG LASERSTRÅLING VED ÅBNING
UNDGÅ UDSÆTTELSE FOR STRÀLING.
SYNLIG OCH OSYNLIG LASERSTRÅLNING NÄR DENNA
DEL ÄR ÖPPNAD BETRAKTA EJ STRÅLEN.
AVATTAESSA ALTISTUT NÄKYVÄ JA NÄKYMÄTTÖMÄLLE
LASERSATEIL YLLE. ÄLÄ KATSO SÄTEESEN.
The AEL (accessible emission level )of the laser power output is less than CLASS 1
but the laser component is capable of emitting radiation exceeding the limit for
A specially instructed person should do servicing operation of the apparatus.
Laser diode characteristics
Maximum output:2.48mw(Emitting period :9sec.)
µw(Emitting period : unlimited)
Additionla Laser Caution
Transistors Q1101 and Q1102 in PCB drive the laser diodes for DVD and CD
respectively. When Q1101 or Q1102 is shorted between their terminals,
the laser diodes for DVD or CD will radiate beam. If the top cover is removed
with no disc loaded while such short-circuit is continued, the naked eyes may
be exposed to the laser beam.
DVD MECHANISM MODULE section precaution
1. Before disassembling the unit, be sure to turn off the power. Unplugging and plugging the connectors during
power-on mode may damage the ICs inside the unit.
2. To protect the pickup unit from electrostatic discharge during servicing, take an appropriate treatment
(shorting-solder) by referring to "the DISASSEMBLY" on page 262.
3. After replacing the pickup unit, be sure to check the grating. (See p.196.)
4. During disassembly, be sure to turn the power off since an internal IC might be destroyed when a connector is
plugged or unplugged.
NAVIGATION UNIT section precaution
1. Inverter for LCD back light becomes a high voltage.
2. When inspecting the touch panel, use something thin with a round tip such as the touch pen. Furthermore,
do not apply excessive force to the touch panel.
3. Since this product does not have OSD IC, OSD for adjustment is displayed by using GGF1416 and GGF1463
at the time of monitor adjustment. As you will find lands for 14 pins with 0.8mm pitch at the left top part of
the monitor board, directly solder a flexible PCB of GGD1323 for adjustment. As GGD1322 is not used, be
careful not to short the terminal.
4. The region code determination at the time of DVD hardware change is made by the destination (UC: Region 1,
EW: Region 2) of the car control unit.
5. If you reconnected the Hide-away unit, press the RESET button.
- Service Precautions
[ Important symbols for good services ]
In this manual, the symbols shown-below indicate that adjustments, settings or cleaning should be made securely.
When you find the procedures bearing any of the symbols, be sure to fulfill them:
To keep the original performances of the product, optimum adjustments or specification confirmation is indispensable.
In accordance with the procedures or instructions described in this manual, adjustments should be performed.
For optical pickups, tape-deck heads, lenses and mirrors used in projection monitors, and other parts requiring cleaning,
proper cleaning should be performed to restore their performances.
5. Lubricants, glues, and replacement parts
Appropriately applying grease or glue can maintain the product performances. But improper lubrication or applying
glue may lead to failures or troubles in the product. By following the instructions in this manual, be sure to apply the
prescribed grease or glue to proper portions by the appropriate amount.For replacement parts or tools, the prescribed
ones should be used.
4. Shipping mode and shipping screws
To protect the product from damages or failures that may be caused during transit, the shipping mode should be set or
the shipping screws should be installed before shipping out in accordance with this manual, if necessary.
1. Product safety
You should conform to the regulations governing the product (safety, radio and noise, and other regulations), and
should keep the safety during servicing by following the safety instructions described in this manual.