HCTPKC O KCATA
ODTWARZACZ PLYT KOMPAKTOWYCH
© B64-2807-00/00 (E2W)
2 | English
Notes on playing MP3/WMA
Selecting the Source
Theft Deterrent Faceplate
Station Preset Memory
Auto Memory Entry
CD/MP3/WMA control features
Playing CD & MP3/WMA
Fast Forwarding and Reversing
Touch Sensor Tone
Manual Clock Adjustment
DSI (Disabled System Indicator)
Power OFF Timer
CD Read Setting
Connecting Wires to Terminals
Removing the Unit
To prevent damage to the machine, take
the following precautions:
· Make sure to ground the unit to a negative 12V
DC power supply.
· Do not open the top or bottom covers of the unit.
· Do not install the unit in a spot exposed to direct
sunlight or excessive heat or humidity. Also avoid
places with too much dust or the possibility of
· Do not set the removed faceplate or the faceplate
case in areas exposed to direct sunlight, excessive
heat or humidity. Also avoid places with too much
dust or the possibility of water splashing.
· To prevent deterioration, do not touch the
terminals of the unit or faceplate with your
· Do not subject the faceplate to excessive shock,
as it is a piece of precision equipment.
· When replacing a fuse, only use a new one with
the prescribed rating. Using a fuse with the wrong
rating may cause your unit to malfunction.
· To prevent a short circuit when replacing a fuse,
first disconnect the wiring harness.
· Do not place any object between the faceplate
and the unit.
· Do not use your own screws. Use only the screws
provided. If you use the wrong screws, you could
damage the unit.
To prevent injury or fire, take the
· Insert the unit all the way in until it is fully locked
in place. Otherwise it may fall out of place when
· When extending the ignition, battery, or ground
wires, make sure to use automotive-grade wires
or other wires with a 0.75mm² (AWG18) or more
to prevent wire deterioration and damage to the
· To prevent a short circuit, never put or leave any
metallic objects (such as coins or metal tools)
inside the unit.
· If the unit starts to emit smoke or strange smells,
turn off the power immediately and consult your
· Make sure not to get your fingers caught between
the faceplate and the unit.
· Be careful not to drop the unit or subject it to
The unit may break or crack because it contains
· Do not touch the liquid crystal fluid if the LCD
is damaged or broken due to shock. The liquid
crystal fluid may be dangerous to your health or
If the liquid crystal fluid from the LCD contacts
your body or clothing, wash it off with soap
4 | English
· If you experience problems during installation,
consult your Kenwood dealer.
· If the unit fails to operate properly, press the Reset
button. The unit returns to factory settings when
the Reset button is pressed. If the unit still fails to
operate properly after the Reset button has been
pressed, contact your local KENWOOD dealer for
· Characters in the LCD may become difficult to
read in temperatures below 41 °F (5 °C).
· The illustrations of the display and the panel
appearing in this manual are examples used to
explain more clearly how the controls are used.
Therefore, what appears on the display in the
illustrations may differ from what appears on
the display on the actual equipment, and some
of the illustrations on the display may represent
something impossible in actual operation.
Right after you turn on the car heater in cold
weather, dew or condensation may form on
the lens in the CD player of the unit. Called lens
fogging, CDs may be impossible to play. In such
a situation, remove the disc and wait for the
condensation to evaporate. If the unit still does
not operate normally after a while, consult your
Do Not Load 8 cm (3 in.) CDs in the CD
If you try to load a 8 cm (3 in.) CD with its adapter
into the unit, the adapter might separate from the
CD and damage the unit.
Cleaning the Unit
If the faceplate of this unit is stained, wipe it with a
dry soft cloth such as a silicon cloth.
If the faceplate is stained badly, wipe the stain off
with a cloth moistened with neutral cleaner, then
wipe neutral detergent off.
· Applying spray cleaner directly to the unit may affect its
mechanical parts. Wiping the faceplate with a hard cloth
or using a volatile liquid such as thinner or alcohol may
scratch the surface or erases characters.
Cleaning the Faceplate Terminals
If the terminals on the unit or faceplate get dirty,
wipe them with a dry, soft cloth.
Cleaning the CD Slot
As dust tends to accumulate in the CD slot, clean it
every once in a while. Your CDs can get scratched if
you put them in a dusty CD slot.
The marking of products using lasers
(Except for some areas)
The label is attached to the chassis/case and says
that the component uses laser beams that have
been classified as Class 1. It means that the unit
is utilizing laser beams that are of a weaker class.
There is no danger of hazardous radiation outside
This Product is not installed by the manufacturer
of a vehicle on the production line, nor by the
professional importer of a vehicle into an EU