COLOR VIDEO MONITOR
Important Safety Precautions ........ 2
Buttons and basic functions
--Remote control ....................... 5
Buttons and basic functions
--Main unit .................................. 6
How to operate menus .................... 7
Basic setting for picture ................. 8
Customized setting ......................... 9
Troubleshooting ............................. 10
Specifications ................................ 11
06.3.6, 9:53 AM
RISK OF ELECTRICAL SHOCK
DO NOT OPEN
CAUTION: To reduce the risk of electric shock. Do not remove cover
(or back). No user serviceable parts inside. Refer servicing
to qualified service personnel.
The lightning flash with arrowhead symbol, within
an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user
to the presence of uninsulated "dangerous voltage"
within the product's enclosure that may be of
sufficient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric
shock to persons.
The exclamation point within an equilateral triangle
is intended to alert the user to the presence of
important operating and maintenance (servicing)
instructions in the literature accompanying the
WARNING: TO PREVENT FIRE OR SHOCK HAZARDS, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS MONITOR TO
RAIN OR MOISTURE.
CAUTION: TO INSURE PERSONAL SAFETY, OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING RULES REGARDING
THE USE OF THIS UNIT.
1. Operate only from the power source specified on the unit.
2. Avoid damaging the AC plug and power cord.
3. Avoid Improper installation and never position the unit where good ventilation is
4. Do not allow objects or liquid into the cabinet openings.
5. In the event of trouble, unplug the unit and call a service technician. Do not attempt to
repair it yourself or remove the rear cover.
Changes or modifications not approved by JVC could void the warranty.
·When you don't use this monitor for a long period of time, be sure to disconnect the power
plug from the AC outlet for your safety.
·To prevent electric shock do not use this polarized plug with an extension cord, receptacle
or other outlet unless the blades can be fully inserted to prevent blade exposure.
IMPORTANT RECYCLING INFORMATION
This product utilizes both a Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) and other components
that contain lead. Disposal of these materials may be regulated in your
community due to environmental considerations. For disposal or recycling
information, please contact your local authorities, or the Electronic Industries
Important Safety Precautions
06.3.6, 9:54 AM
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
1) Read these instructions.
2) Keep these instructions.
3) Heed all warnings.
4) Follow all instructions.
5) Do not use this apparatus near water.
6) Clean only with dry cloth.
7) Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
8) Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus
(including amplifiers) that produce heat.
9) Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two
blades with one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding
prong. The wide blade or the third prong are provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit
into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
10) Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles,
and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
11) Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
12) Use only with a cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the
apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid
injury from tip-over.
Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
14) Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been
damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects
have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate
normally, or has been dropped.
15) Apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing and no objects filled with liquids, such as
vases, shall be placed on the apparatus.
06.3.6, 9:54 AM
16) Avoid improper installation and never position the unit where good ventilation is impossible. When
installing this monitor, distance recommendations must be maintained between this monitor and the
wall, as well as inside a tightly enclosed area or piece of furniture. Keep to the minimum distance
guidelines shown for safe operation.
17) Cautions for installation
-- Do not tilt this monitor towards the left or right, or towards the back.
-- Install this monitor in a corner on the floor so as to keep cords out of the way.
--This monitor will generate a slight amount of heat during operation. Ensure that sufficient space is
available around this monitor to allow satisfactory cooling.
18) The main power supply for this monitor is controlled by the I (main power) button on the front panel.
Pressing the I button turns the power on, and pressing it again shuts the power off completely.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital
device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable
protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses
and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the
instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no
guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause
harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the
equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of
the following measures:
Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is
Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
06.3.6, 9:54 AM
Select the input.
· Pressing this button turns on the monitor
from standby mode. (You cannot turn off
the monitor with this button.)
Select the picture mode (see page 8).
Set the off-timer (see page 9).
Displays the current input name.
While operating the menu, you can use this
button to return to the previous menu.
Turn on or off the monitor from standby
These buttons are only for maintenance or
repair by the service technician.
Display menu and confirm selected
Select and adjust menu function.
Reset the picture setting while the
PICTURE SETTING menu is displayed (see
In other cases, pressing this button turns off
the volume. Press this button again to
resume the volume.
Adjust the volume level.
Inserting batteries into the remote control
Insert two batteries by matching the
ª and · polarities and
· end first.
Follow the cautions printed on the batteries.
· Use AA/R6/UM-3 dry cell batteries.
· If the remote control does not work properly, fit new batteries.
The supplied batteries are for testing, not regular use.
Buttons and basic functions--Remote control
06.3.6, 9:53 AM