In the spaces below, enter the model and serial number of your television (located
at the rear of the television cabinet). Staple your sales receipt or invoice to the
inside cover of this guide. Keep this user's guide in a convenient place for future
reference. Keep the carton and original packaging for future use.
Illustration of LT-26WX84 and RM-C13G
LCD Flat Television Users Guide
LT-26WX84 English B 1
9/17/03, 9:55:20 AM
Important Safety Precautions
TO PREVENT FIRE OR SHOCK HAZARDS, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS TV
SET TO RAIN OR MOISTURE.
TO INSURE PERSONAL SAFETY, OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING RULES
REGARDING THE USE OF THIS UNIT.
1. Operate only from the power source specified on the unit.
2. Avoid damaging the AC plug and power cord.
3. Avoid Improper installation and never position the unit where good
ventilation is unattainable.
4. Do not allow objects or liquid into the cabinet openings.
5. In the event of trouble, unplug the unit and call a service technician. Do
not attempt to repair it yourself or remove the rear cover.
Changes or modifications not approved by JVC could void the warranty.
* When you don't use this TV set for a long period of time, be sure to
disconnect both the power plug from the AC outlet and antenna for your
* To prevent electric shock do not use this polarized plug with an
extension cord, receptacle or other outlet unless the blades can be fully
inserted to prevent blade exposure.
CAUTION: To reduce the risk of electric shock. Do not
remove cover (or back). No user serviceable
parts inside. Refer servicing to qualified service
The lightning flash with arrowhead symbol, within an
equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the
presence of uninsulated "dangerous voltage" within
the product's enclosure that may be of sufficient
magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock to
The exclamation point within an equilateral triangle is
intended to alert the user to the presence of important
operating and maintenance (servicing) instructions in
the literature accompanying the appliance.
RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK
DO NOT OPEN
IMPORTANT RECYCLING INFORMATION
This product has a fluorescent lamp that contains a small amount of mercury. It also
contains lead in some components. Disposal of the materials may be regulated in your
community due to environmental considerations. For disposal or recycling information,
please contact your local authorities, or the Electronic Industries Alliance:
LT-26WX84 English B 2
9/17/03, 9:55:21 AM
Read these instructions.
Keep these instructions.
Heed all warnings.
Follow all instructions.
Do not use this apparatus near water.
Clean only with dry cloth.
Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus
(including amplifiers) that produce heat.
Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has
two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third
grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong are provided for your safety. If the provided
plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
10) Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience
receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
11) Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
12) Use only with a cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with
the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to
avoid injury from tip-over.
13) Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
14) Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has
been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been
spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or
moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
15) Apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing and no objects filled with liquids, such
as vases, shall be placed on the apparatus.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
· As an "ENERGY STAR®" partner, JVC has determined
that this product or product model meets the
"ENERGY STAR®" guidelines for energy efficiency.
LT-26WX84 English B 3
9/17/03, 9:55:21 AM
16) Avoid improper installation and never position the unit where good ventilation is impossible. When
installing this TV, distance recommendations must be maintained between the set and the wall,
as well as inside a tightly enclosed area or piece of furniture. Keep to the minimum distance
guidelines shown for safe operation.
17) Cautions for installation
-- Do not tilt the TV towards the left or right, or towards the back.
-- Install the TV in a corner on the floor so as to keep cords out of the way.
-- The TV will generate a slight amount of heat during operation. Ensure that sufficient space is
available around the TV to allow satisfactory cooling.
LT-26WX84 English B 4
9/17/03, 9:55:21 AM
By displaying fixed images for extended periods of time, can leave a subtle but permanent ghost
image in your picture. This is referred to as "burn-in". To avoid this, mix your viewing pattern.
Examples include, but are not limited to the following:
· Stock-market report bars
· Shopping channel logos and pricing displays
· Video game patterns or scoreboards
· Bright station logos
· Internet web sites or other computer-style
· DVD discs, video tapes, laser discs
· Broadcast, cable, satellite channels or digital
Caring for the Cabinet
Caring for the Screen
Note: Warranty DOES NOT cover screen
burn-in or uneven picture tube aging.
Normally, light dusting with a soft, non-scratching duster will keep your TV clean.
If you wish to wipe down the television, first unplug it. Then wipe gently with a soft cloth, slightly
moistened with water. You can add a few drops of mild liquid detergent to the water to help
remove spots of oily dirt.
· DO NOT allow liquid to enter the TV through the ventilation slots.
· DO NOT use strong or abrasive cleaners on the TV.
· DO NOT spray liquids or cleaners directly on the TV's surface.
· DO NOT rub or scrub the TV harshly. Wipe the set gently with a soft cloth.
The screen is treated with an electrostatic-proof coating. When it gets dirty, wipe it gently with a
Do not apply alcohol, organic solvents (like acetone), acidic or alkaline cleansers to the screen.
These will remove the coating layer and cause discolorations.
Do not push or hit the screen. This could cause scratches on the screen surface and image
LT-26WX84 English B 5
9/17/03, 9:55:22 AM