LCD FLAT TELEVISION
TELEVISEUR A ECRAN PLAT LCD
Important Safety Precautions
RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK
DO NOT OPEN
CAUTION : To reduce the risk of electric shock. Do not remove
cover (or back). No user serviceable parts inside.
Refer servicing to qualified service personnal
The lightning flash with arrowhead symbol, within
an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user
to the presence of uninsulated "dangerous voltage"
within the product's enclosure that may be of sufficient
magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock to
The exclamation point within an equilateral triangle is
intended to alert the user to the presence of important
operating and maintenance (servicing) instructions in
the literature accompanying the appliance.
TO PREVENT FIRE OR SHOCK HAZARDS, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS TV
SET TO RAIN OR MOISTURE.
TO INSURE PERSONAL SAFETY, OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING RULES
1. Operate only from the power source specified on the unit.
REGARDING THE USE OF THIS UNIT.
2. Avoid damaging the AC plug and power cord.
3. Avoid improer installation and never position the unit where good
ventilation is unattainable.
4. Do not allow objects or liquid into the cabinet opening.
5. In the event of trouble, unplug the unit and call a service technician. Do
not attempt to repair it yourself or remove the rear cover.
Changes of modifications nor approved by JVC could void the warranty.
* When you don't use the TV set for a long period of time, be sure to
disconnect both the power plug from the AC outlet and antenna for your
* To prevent electric shock do not use this polarized plug with an extension
cord, receptacle or other outlet unless the blades can be fully inserted to
prevent blade exposure.
IMPORTANT RECYCLING INFORMATION
This product has a fluorescent lamp that contains a small amount of mercury. It also
contains lead in some components. Disposal of the materials may be regulated in your
community due to environmental considerations. For disposal or recycling information,
please contact your local authorities, or the Electronic Industries Alliance:
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
1. Read these instructions.
2. Keep these instructions.
3. Heed all warnings.
4. Follow all instructions.
5. Do not use this apparatus near water.
6. Clean only with dry cloth.
7. Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
8. Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus
(including amplifiers) that produce heat.
9. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug.
A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong.
The wide blade or the third prong are provided for your safety. If the provided
plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
10. Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience
receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
11. Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
12. Use only with a cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table sprecified by the manufacturer, or sold with
the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to
avoid injury from tip-over.
13. Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
14. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus
has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been
spilled or objects have gallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or
moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
15. Apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing and no objects fill with liquids, such
as vases, shall be placed on the apparatus.
A polarized plug has two blades with wider than the other.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B
digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide
reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This
equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed
and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio
communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a
particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television
reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is
encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is
Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Thank you for buying this JVC LCD flat television.
To make sure you understand how to use your new TV, please read this manual thoroughly before you begin.
("LCD" stands for Liquid Crystal Display.)
Always use the provided AC adapter and power cord.
WARNING: TO PREVENT FIRE OR SHOCK HAZARD, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS APPLIANCE TO RAIN OR
· Fingers may be trapped under the TV causing injuries. Hold the TV at the
bottom in the middle, and do not allow it to tilt up or down.
· The TV may fall causing injuries. Hold the bottom of the stand with your
hand and tilt the TV up and down.
· Operate only from the power source (AC 120V, 60 Hz).
· Avoid damaging the AC plug, AC adapter and power cord.
· When you are not using this unit for a long period of time, it is
recommended that you disconnect the power cord from the
· Do not allow children to hang from the TV, place their elbows on the TV
or lean against the TV. Doing so may cause the TV to fall over and lesd
CAUTION ON HEATING OF AC ADAPTER:
· In using, the AC adapter get heat on the sunface of case.
· Don't be covered with any material on case of AC adapter
It is normal, not defective.
while it is in operation.
· To avoid electric shock or damage to the unit, first firmly
insert the small end of the power cord into the AC Adpater
unit it is no longer wobbly, and then plug the larger end of
power cord into an AC outlet.
· The rating plate (serial number plate) and safety caution
are on the back of the main unit.
are on its upper and lower sides.
· The rating information and safty causion of the AC Adapter
· Illustration of LT-17X576
Failure to take the following precautions may cause damage to the television or remote control.
DO NOT block the TV's ventilat ion openings or holes.
(If the ventilation openings or holes are blocked by a newspaper or cloth, etc., the heat may not be able to get out.)
DO NOT place anything on top of the TV.
(such as cosmetics or medicines, flower vases, potted plants, cups, etc.)
(If water or liquid is allowed to enter this equipment, fire or electric shock may be caused.)
DO NOT place any naked flame sources, such as lighted candles, on the TV.
DO NOT subject the TV to direct sunlight.
Cleaning the screen
Thescreeniscoated with a specialthin film to reduce reflection. If this film is damaged, uneven colors, discoloration, scratches,
and other problems that can not be repaired may occur. Pay attention to the following when handling the screen.
· Do not use glue or adhesive tape on the screen.
· Do not write on the screen.
· Do not allow the screen to come in contact with any hard objects.
· Do not allow condensation to form on the screen.
· Do not use alcohol, thinner, benzene or other solvents on the screen.
· Do not rub the screen hard.
LCDs use collections of fine pixels to display images. While there is no problem with more than 99.99% of these pixels, please
understand that a very small number of pixels may not light or may light all the time.
Avoid improper installation and never position the unit where good
ventilation is impossible.
When installing this TV, distance recommendations must be maintained
between the set and the wall, as well as inside a tightly enclosed area or
piece of furniture.
Keep to the minimum distance guidelines shown for safe operation.
The surface of the TV screen is easily damaged. Be very careful with it when handling the TV.
Should the TV screen become soiled, wipe it with a soft dry cloth. Never rub it forcefully.
Never use any cleaner or detergent on it.
If there is a fault, unplug the unit and call a service technician. Do not attempt to repair it yourself or remove the rear cover and the
DO NOT allow objects or liquid into the cabinet openings.