USER'S GUIDE 2430
· Press B to change from mode to mode.
· In any mode, press L to illuminate the display.
Countdown Timer Mode
Dual Time Mode
To set the time and date
1. In the Timekeeping Mode, hold down A until the
seconds start to flash, which indicates the setting
2. Press B to move the flashing in the sequence shown
below to select other settings.
3. When the setting you want to change is flashing, press C to change it as
Use the Timekeeping Mode to set and view the current time and date.
· In the Timekeeping Mode, hold down C to display the current month, day, and day
of the week. The current time will reappear when you release C.
Day of week
Hour : Minutes
· Pressing C while the seconds are in the range of 30 to 59 resets them to 00 and
adds 1 to the minutes. In the range of 00 to 29, the minutes are unchanged.
4. Press A to exit the setting screen.
· The day of the week is automatically displayed in accordance with the date (year,
month, and day) settings.
· The year can be set in the range of 2000 (00) to 2039 (39).
· The watch's built-in full automatic calendar automatically makes allowances for
different month lengths and leap years. Once you set the date, there should be no
reason to change it except after you have the watch's battery replaced.
You can set the countdown timer within a range of 1 to 60
minutes. An alarm sounds and an alarm graphic flashes
when the countdown reaches zero.
· The initial default countdown start time when you
purchase the watch or after you have its battery
replaced is 45 minutes.
· The countdown operation continues even if you exit the
Countdown Timer Mode.
· All of the operations in this section are performed in the
Countdown Timer Mode, which you enter by pressing
To change this setting
Hour, Minutes, Year, Month, Day
Perform this button operation
Press C to reset to
Press C to increase the setting.
Press C to toggle between 12-hour (AM or PM)
and 24-hour (24H) timekeeping.
To use the countdown timer
Press C while in the Countdown Timer Mode to start the countdown timer.
· When the end of the countdown is reached, the alarm sounds and an alarm graphic
flashes for 10 seconds or until you stop it by pressing any button. The countdown
time is automatically reset to its starting value after the alarm stops.
· Press C while a countdown operation is in progress to pause it. Press C again to
resume the countdown.
· To completely stop a countdown operation, first pause it (by pressing C), and then
press A. This returns the countdown time to its starting value.
To set the countdown start time
1. In the Countdown Timer Mode, hold down A until the minute setting of the
countdown start time starts to flash, which indicates the setting screen.
2. Press C to increase the setting.
3. Press A to exit the setting screen.
The stopwatch lets you measure elapsed time, split times, and two finishes.
[Up to 60 minutes]
[After 60 minutes]
· The display range of the stopwatch is 23 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds. Time is
measured in 1/100-second increments up to the first 60 minutes, and in 1-second
increments after 60 minutes.
· The stopwatch continues to run, restarting from zero after it reaches its limit, until
you stop it.
· The stopwatch measurement operation continues even if you exit the Stopwatch
· Exiting the Stopwatch Mode while a split time is frozen on the display clears the split
time and returns to elasped time measurement.
· All of the operations in this section are performed in the Stopwatch Mode, which you
enter by pressing B.
To measure times with the stopwatch
Display time of
Display time of
You can set five independent Daily Alarms. When an
alarm is turned on, the alarm tone sounds and an alarm
graphic flashes when the time is reached.
When the Hourly Time Signal is turned on, the watch
beeps every hour on the hour.
· Pressing C in the Alarm Mode cycles through the five
alarm screens (which show the alarm time and alarm
number) and the hourly time signal screen (which
· The five alarms are identified by alarm numbers
· An alarm setting (and an Hourly Time Signal setting) is
available in the Alarm Mode, which you enter by
To set an alarm time
1. In the Alarm Mode, use C to select the alarm whose
time you want to set.
2. After you select an alarm, hold down A until the hour
setting of the alarm time starts to flash, which indicates
the setting screen.
· At this time, the alarm is turned on automatically.
Alarm on indicator
Hour : Minutes
3. Press B to move the flashing between the hour and minutes.
4. While a setting is flashing, press C to increase it.
· When setting the alarm time using the 12-hour format, take care to set the time
correctly as a.m (AM) or p.m. (PM).
5. Press A to exit the setting screen.
USER'S GUIDE 2430
Alarm on indicator
Hourly time signal
The alarm tone sounds and an alarm graphic flashes at the preset time for about 20
· Pressing any button stops the alarm operation.
To test the alarm
In the Alarm Mode, hold down C to sound the alarm.
To turn an alarm and the Hourly Time Signal on and off
1. In the Alarm Mode, use C to select an alarm or the
Hourly Time Signal.
2. When the alarm or the Hourly Time Signal you want is
selected, press A to turn it on (
displayed) and off
· The alarm on indicator and the Hourly Time Signal on
indicator are shown on the display in all modes while
these functions are turned on.
· If any alarm is on, the alarm on indicator is shown on
the display when you change to another mode.
The Dual Time Mode lets you keep track of time in a
different time zone.
· In the Dual Time Mode, the seconds count is synchronized
with the seconds count of the Timekeeping Mode.
To set the Dual Time
1. Press B to enter the Dual Time Mode.
2. Use A and C to set the Dual Time Mode time.
· Each press of C changes the time setting in 30-minute
· Pressing A sets the Dual Time Mode to the same time
as the Timekeeping Mode.
Hour : Minutes
The backlight uses an EL (electro-luminescent) panel that
causes the entire display to glow for easy reading in the
dark. The watch's auto light switch automatically turns on
the backlight when you angle the watch towards your
· The auto light switch must be turned on (indicated by
the auto light switch indicator) for it to operate.
· See "Backlight Precautions" for other important
information about using the backlight.
To turn on the backlight manually
In any mode, press L to illuminate the display for about
· The above operation turns on the backlight regardless
of the current auto light switch setting.
About the Auto Light Switch
Turning on the auto light switch causes the backlight to turn on for about two seconds,
whenever you position your wrist as described below in any mode.
· Be sure to wear the watch on the outside of your left wrist while using the auto light
Moving the watch to a position that is parallel to the ground and then tilting it
towards you more than 40 degrees causes the backlight to turn on.
Parallel to ground
More than 40 °
Auto light switch indicator
· Always make sure you are in a safe place whenever you are reading the
display of the watch using the auto light switch. Be especially careful when
running or engaged in any other activity that can result in accident or injury.
Also take care that sudden illumination by the auto light switch does not
surprise or distract others around you.
· When you are wearing the watch, make sure that its auto light switch is turned
off before riding on a bicycle or operating a motorcycle or any other motor
vehicle. Sudden and unintended operation of the auto light switch can create
a distraction, which can result in a traffic accident and serious personal injury.
To turn the auto light switch on and off
In the Timekeeping Mode, hold down L for about two seconds to toggle the auto light
switch on (Auto light switch indicator displayed) or off (Auto light switch indicator not
· The auto light switch indicator is on the display in all modes while the auto light
switch is turned on.
· In order to protect against running down the battery, the auto light switch
automatically turns off approximately six hours after you turn it on. Repeat the above
procedure to turn the auto light switch back on if you want.
This section contains more detailed and technical information about watch operation.
It also contains important precautions and notes about the various features and
functions of this watch.
Auto Display continually changes the contents of the
To turn off Auto Display
Press any button (except for L) to turn off Auto Display.
This returns to the Timekeeping Mode.
To turn on Auto Display
Hold down B for about two seconds until the watch
· Note that Auto Display cannot be performed while a
setting screen is on the display.
Auto return features
If you leave a screen with a flashing setting for two or three minutes without
performing any operation, the watch automatically saves any settings you have made
up to that point and exits the setting screen.
Data and Setting Scrolling
The C button is used in various setting screens to scroll through data on the display.
In most cases, holding down this button during a scroll operation scrolls through the
data at high speed.
When you enter the Alarm Mode, the data you were viewing when you last exited the
mode appears first.
· The electro-luminescent panel that provides illumination loses power after very long
· The illumination provided by the backlight may be hard to see when viewed under
· The watch may emit an audible sound whenever the display is illuminated. This is
due to vibration of the EL panel used for illumination, and does not indicate
· The backlight automatically turns off whenever an alarm sounds.
· Frequent use of the backlight shortens the battery life.
Auto light switch precautions
· Avoid wearing the watch on the inside of your wrist.
Doing so causes the auto light switch to operate when it
is not needed, which shortens battery life. If you want to
wear the watch on the inside of your wrist, turn off the
auto light switch feature.
More than 15 degrees
· The backlight may not light if the face of the watch is more than 15 degrees above
or below parallel. Make sure that the back of your hand is parallel to the ground.
· The backlight turns off in about two seconds, even if you keep the watch pointed
towards your face.
· Static electricity or magnetic force can interfere with proper operation of the auto
light switch. If the backlight does not light, try moving the watch back to the starting
position (parallel with the ground) and then tilt it back toward you again. If this does
not work, drop your arm all the way down so it hangs at your side, and then bring it
back up again.
· Under certain conditions, the backlight may not light until about one second after
you turn the face of the watch towards you. This does not necessarily indicate
malfunction of the backlight.