Operation Guide 2711/4327
I For watch with the elapsed time bezel
Rotate the elapsed time bezel to align the
mark with the
After certain amount of time elapsed, read the graduation on the
elapsed time bezel which the minute hand points to.
The elapsed time is indicated.
· Some water resistant models are equipped with a screw lock
· With such models, you must unscrew the crown in the direction
noted in the illustration to loosen it before you can pull it out.
Do not pull too forcibly on such crowns.
· Also note that such watches are not water resistant while their
crowns are loosened. Be sure to screw the crowns back in as
far as they will go after making any setting.
To set the time
1. Pull out the crown to the second
· This causes the second hand to
2. Set the hands by rotating the crown.
Move the minute hand four or five
minutes past the time you want to
set, and then back it up to the proper
3. Push the crown back in to the normal
position to restart timekeeping.
To set the day
1. Pull out the crown to the first click.
2. Set the day by rotating the crown.
3. Push the crown back in to the
· Avoid setting the day between 9:00
p.m. and 1:00 a.m. (the day display
may not change in the following day).
Using the Stopwatch
The stopwatch lets you measure elapsed time up to 59 minutes, 59 seconds. You
can also correct the position of the stopwatch second hand when necessary.
· The illustration shows a time of 20 minutes, 40 seconds.
· Do not try to perform stopwatch operations while the crown is pulled out either to
the first or second click. If you try to press a button, you might accidentally cause
the crown to rotate and change the current time or day setting.
To measure elapsed time
1. Press A to start the stopwatch.
2. Press A to stop the stopwatch.
· You can resume the measurement operation by pressing A again.
3. Press B to reset the stopwatch.
Adjusting the Stopwatch Second and Minute Hand Positions
Use of the stopwatch can cause the starting positions of the stopwatch minute hand
and second hand to become misaligned. Use the following procedures to check hand
alignment and to adjust the positions of the hands so they point to 12 o'clock when
the stopwatch is reset.
To adjust the positions of the stopwatch hands
1. Press B to reset the stopwatch, and check the alignment of the stopwatch minute
hand and second hand.
2. Pull out the crown to the second click.
3. Press A to move the stopwatch second hand forward until it points to 12 o'clock.
4. If the stopwatch minute hand is aligned correctly, proceed to step 5. If the stopwatch
minute hand is also misaligned, press B so the stopwatch minute hand jumps to 0.
5. After making the adjustments you want, push the crown back in to its normal position.
· Note that pulling the crown out also stops the timekeeping second hand. After
performing the above procedure, you should also adjust the timekeeping setting.
*The configuration of your watch may differ
somewhat from that shown in the
Elapsed time bezel